Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Birthday boy and a few other bits thrown in!

Can't believe its been another month since i posted, as i read other people's blogs i find myself thinking, "well they havent updated this in a while"! Then bang I realise i havent even updated since last month and so much is happening around now.
Firstly it was Daniel's 2nd Birthday on 28th August and we had a small party in the garden, well it started out just a small party and ended up quite a big party, with us hiring a bouncy castle and everything only to then have almost 30 kids and adults around, lots of food and drink consumed.... Daniel had his favourite "Thomas the Tank" cake provided by his much loved "auntie oorah"! and had great fun with all his new presents (yeah thanks to everyone who bought him BIG things my living room is now offically declared "the early learning centre" and i'm thinking of charging kids to come in!!!!) We had a wonderful day and the time went so fast, I cant belive my little boy is now 2 and just that no longer a baby he is a little boy.

Which leads me nicely onto my other thing, my new Nephew - James was born on 30th August weighing in at 8lbs,( by C- Section) son to my sister Laura and her husband Richard. Not to be biast but he is sooo cute, not sure who he looks like yet though. They are home now and doing ok, sis had a few minor problems but appears ok now.

Summer is offically over and tomorrow Olivia returns to school. She will be in year 4 and goes in as an 8 year old. I cant believe i have an 8 year and a 2 year old, it makes me feel old :-). Daniel started his new nursery this week and has to go for 1 hour each day till Thursday when he will go for the full day. He has been ok so far, yesterday (his first hour) he was ok being left but today he knew when I left him i was going away so he shed a few tears but i watched at the door as he stopped and started playing with the bob the builder tool desk! He was eating a snack when I collected him and the girls said he had been fine, no more tears. Lets hope this continues and he is ok for the rest of the week.

That is all for now, I will try and post a photo of him on his birthday and of his Cake soon!

Liz x x

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Liz, glad to hear you are now doing the 'back to school happy dance', I am very envious as I am close to insanity and still have another week to go.

Daniel's birthday sounds like lots of fun, and I know what you mean about the early learning centre living room...me too. Happy birthday to your special little man!

Looking forward also to meeting you in person in the next few weeks at the CLDF conference.

(hugs)

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home