Sunday, January 14, 2007

UNDERPANTS!

I am so proud of my little boy, who is very rapidly becoming a very mischievious toddler with a smashing personality all of his own.
First and foremost he had been on and off the potty for months now, nothing forced by myself or his dad more something he decided to do one day! After talking to several people we decided to give it a break till after Christmas, which we did. Now last week, after talking to several people including his nursery we decided to ditch the nappies and have underpants instead, since last Friday its just clicked, he is now asking for both wee's and poo's on the potty/toilet and is doing GREAT. He even managed it in nursery and had only had a few "little accidents" to be expected! Funny thing is the last 2 nights he has been dry and then asked for a wee the minute he has gotten up - surely he is to young to be trained at night too? I'm giving that a bit longer ,maybe its just a coincidence?
Daniel is such a character and people constantly comment on this, his speech is coming on really well now and he is talking in much longer sentences now like "I cant believe it mummy!" he is doing really good in nursery too, i sometimes think he constant chattering drives them MAD though! (ha ha). Mike and I have decided to implent the "super nanny tactic" of sitting on the naughty step, basically for those who dont know, a child at 2 should get told to do something a few times if they are being "naughty" then have to sit on the step for 2 minutes then apologise and its all forgotten, we have tried this several times and its appears to be doing its job and is helping me as much (I'm trying to cut down on the shouting thing for both Daniel and Olivia) Olivia hasnt needed the step much as she is a little old and just the threat to her is enough!

On a totally different note, I am trying to organise this fundraiser for CLDF, wow it is hard work and with everyone giving their input. I do appreciate any advice because I havent done this before, but I am simply trying to get the best outcome with the littlest amount of work possible...I have been sorting out meds for Daniel with our new GP and trying to sort people's birthdays and weekends away and I have so much on even after Christmas! I have now made a start and sent out letters to companies asking for donations of prizes to auction/raffle and am waiting responses... I am still needing a date from the venue and cannot do much more until that happens, but with a weekend away in London for my sisters 30th and my nephews christening in march then going away in May! I have alot coming up in the coming months -ahhhhhh!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a big boy you are, Daniel! Here's to underpants ;)

Hannah

3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your fundraiser-thing!
Best wishes,
Sven

2:35 pm  
Blogger Elly said...

Clever boy, Daniel! And well done to you too, 'cause I know that toddlers don't really potty train themselves ;-) I think Arthur could easily be nappy free by now, but I'm putting it off 'cause it's not nice in this cold weather :-/ Looking forward to your next update :-) xxx

8:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! Always holding your family in my heart.

3:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home