Broken Collar Bone :-(
Well yes you may of guessed it (or heard it for that matter!) but Daniel has a broken Collar bone and is currently in pain and wearing a sling...poor baby. Here is the story; so, last night Mike was bathing the kids and Daniel is all excited because mum has bought him a Thomas Scooter and he got it last night as a early birthday present to use whilst the sun is still here! anyway he jumps out the bath all excited, gets his PJ's on and heads for the study (where i have been cleaning during the day and had polished all around) you guessed it there must of been some polish on the "laminate" floor combined with the wet feet - arghhhhhh DISASTER, he falls over and lands on his shoulder, Michael comes downstairs with him where i was and he is crying and saying to me "sore mummy - and ouch" and i say to Mike this isnt right this child has a MEGA pain threashold will all his liver stuff and he doesnt ever complain, so after a 5ml dose of paracetamol and 5 minutes deliberating I decide A & E is the way to go, so off we head and are their for the next few hours with X rays whilst the docs confirm what we thought - he has a broken colar bone. He is in pain and because of the liver stuff all the regular docs with give him is paracetamol so I will be on the phone in a few minutes to Leeds to see what stronger pain killers he can have.
We are back at the fracture clinic today to see the "bone doctor" to help us with what to do and what not to do so that it doesnt hurt him anymore.... and yes we go on bloody holiday in 10 days! I cant believe it...I feel sick...sad...mad, my poor baby as if this is what he needs!!
Will update more when i have any news....
Thanks for checkin in on him
Liz xx
We are back at the fracture clinic today to see the "bone doctor" to help us with what to do and what not to do so that it doesnt hurt him anymore.... and yes we go on bloody holiday in 10 days! I cant believe it...I feel sick...sad...mad, my poor baby as if this is what he needs!!
Will update more when i have any news....
Thanks for checkin in on him
Liz xx

5 Comments:
Oh no, poor baby. I hope he gets some mega pain killers and all is well for your holiday.
Give him a big smackeroonie from me and here's a hug for you... mmmMMMmmm....
Love
Sam
xxx
What a nightmare, and just before you hols. He'll be fine, just make sure you keep your chin up. Big hug for both of you.
Love
anna x
Oh no Liz! Poor Daniel :( I hope you get the pain relief sorted out soon and he heals up quickly.
Lots of love and hugs
Sharon xxxx
So sorry for Daniel - hope he gets some pain-relief soon!
Sven (from LF)
Poor little Daniel! What a crappy thing to happen, and just before a holiday too :-( I hope it doesn't cause him too much pain, and that it heals quickly xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home