The hardest time in my life
On Monday 19th July Michael and I where told Daniel will recieve no further treatment for his Leukemia. His body is simply too weak - we are devestated.
The decision was taken by the doctors after reviewing his last 2 bone marrow biopsys. The first was before the last round of chemo, the 2nd was after - it was TOTALLY unaffected, the chemo had failed. Initally doctors said perhaps it was worth a try just to see and then another blow....it had entered into his blood stream and for the 2nd time since last December he had "blast cells" (or cancer to you and i) in his blood. Doctors said if they attempted another round it was not going to "cure" him but mearly prolong his life for what might only be weeks and not very good ones at that.
Daniel, this way is surrounded by his friends and family doing things he loves, he will remain at home until the time comes for him to need additional pain relief in hospital. We have been told a bed is available for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is our decision to take him back into Alderhey i cant begin to tell you how wonderful they have been and he is so used to being their surrounded by people he/we know who have now became friends.
Me, well my heart is broken i never ever though i would have to write this post and with each and every day a little piece of me dies too, i will never be the same person I was.
We have no idea "how long" but doctors says "weeks" at most. One thing i will say is that as a family we would never have gotten through the last 7 months without the amazing unwaivering support of some very special friends and family - Daniel is lucky to have been part of such a special group of people. We love you all.
xxxxx
The decision was taken by the doctors after reviewing his last 2 bone marrow biopsys. The first was before the last round of chemo, the 2nd was after - it was TOTALLY unaffected, the chemo had failed. Initally doctors said perhaps it was worth a try just to see and then another blow....it had entered into his blood stream and for the 2nd time since last December he had "blast cells" (or cancer to you and i) in his blood. Doctors said if they attempted another round it was not going to "cure" him but mearly prolong his life for what might only be weeks and not very good ones at that.
Daniel, this way is surrounded by his friends and family doing things he loves, he will remain at home until the time comes for him to need additional pain relief in hospital. We have been told a bed is available for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is our decision to take him back into Alderhey i cant begin to tell you how wonderful they have been and he is so used to being their surrounded by people he/we know who have now became friends.
Me, well my heart is broken i never ever though i would have to write this post and with each and every day a little piece of me dies too, i will never be the same person I was.
We have no idea "how long" but doctors says "weeks" at most. One thing i will say is that as a family we would never have gotten through the last 7 months without the amazing unwaivering support of some very special friends and family - Daniel is lucky to have been part of such a special group of people. We love you all.
xxxxx

14 Comments:
Liz,
I know there are no words to truly express my thoughts. I just want you to know you, Daniel and your family are in our thoughts and prayers daily. I'm sending many hugs, love and prayers.
Cindy Cooper
Liz my heartbreaks for you. I'm so sorry. You all reamin in my thoughts and prayers. We love you guys.
Shawna (Addison's mommy)
♥♥♥((((HUGS)))♥♥♥
Prayers for peace and strength. And I am still praying for a miracle.
Blair & Xander (LF)
Liz, it is absolutely heartbreaking - I am so very sorry. I am thinking about you all every day. You are so strong and brave as a family, especially little Daniel. Lots of love and hugs, Alex xxx
Aw ((((((((((Liz)))))). Thinking about you all so much, thank you for being brave enough to update us all on here, I don't know what you are going through but my heart is breaking for little Daniel, you and all your family. Lots of love, hugs and strength, Lou xxx
I'm so sorry, Liz. Sending you love and prayers, as always.
Gutted. Devastating news. I'm so so sorry.
I have been keeping Daniel in my prayers and following your story. My heart hurts reading this and am deeply sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with Daniel and your family!
Jennifer & Brooke (LF)
Liz I am so very sorry. It is heartbreaking to know what is happening to Daniel's little body. My thoughts are with you and Daniel.
Dorothy (LF)
Liz,
I'm so sorry to hear thiis. Words just can't say enough right now.
Maggie (lf)
Liz,Many many hugs and prayers for you all right now.Very very sad news.love SarahH from LF and facebook xxx
We are all thinking of you. We are hoping for a miracle! Sending lots of strength!
Love, Nadja (From LF) n_Fuhrmann
Liz, my heart breaks for you and your family. Praying for your sweet Daniel and all those that love him in the coming weeks.
Sheryl, Justice's mom from LF
Oh Liz, I am so devestated for you.
My prayers for a miracle are with you. May God hold you all in the palm of His hand at this time.
Sending my heart to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home